Strikers make their mark in reserve clash
STRIKERS Gary Cohen and Lee Clarke sharpened up their shooting boots in the Capital League Western Division clash with Potters Bar Town Reserves at Clarence Park on Monday. Cohen started the first team games against Hayes & Yeading and Thurrock
STRIKERS Gary Cohen and Lee Clarke sharpened up their shooting boots in the Capital League Western Division clash with Potters Bar Town Reserves at Clarence Park on Monday.
Cohen started the first team games against Hayes & Yeading and Thurrock before making an impact off the bench to win the decisive penalty kick at Newport County on Saturday.
Clarke has yet to make his mark for the first team this season although did strike home a late penalty in the 2-0 win against Bishop's Stortford.
Cohen opened the scoring early on Monday when he tucked the ball home after Clarke headed at goal following a Rod Hicks free kick.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke then added a second on 22 minutes when he latched on to a cross from the galloping Hicks.
Potters Bar Town struck back with a late reply but City were more concerned about injuries to Cohen and young midfielder Joe Finn. Cohen was taken to hospital with concussion and Finn suffered a bad knee injury. Both players were treated by paramedics at the ground. It is hoped Cohen could get the all-clear to take his place in the first team squad for the FA Cup match with Harlow Town at Clarence Park on Saturday.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
Striker Tegana James, who has been featuring for Welwyn Garden City in recent weeks along with former Saint Chris Haslam, played the second half for City.
St Albans City Reserves: C.Adams, E. Pascoal, K. Birch, K. Asamoah, A. Byfield, J. Cartwright, J. Davidge (S. Bignall 55), J. Finn (S. Hurrell 42), G. Cohen (T. James 46), L.Clarke, R. Hicks, subs; C. Mortimer, I. Effiong.
Former City players Marcel McKie and Nathan Simpson played for the Potters Bar Town first team in their Ryman League defeat to Northwood last week.