Strikers make their mark in reserve clash
STRIKERS Gary Cohen and Lee Clarke sharpened up their shooting boots in the Capital League Western Division clash with Potters Bar Town Reserves at Clarence Park on Monday. Cohen started the first team games against Hayes & Yeading and Thurrock
STRIKERS Gary Cohen and Lee Clarke sharpened up their shooting boots in the Capital League Western Division clash with Potters Bar Town Reserves at Clarence Park on Monday.
Cohen started the first team games against Hayes & Yeading and Thurrock before making an impact off the bench to win the decisive penalty kick at Newport County on Saturday.
Clarke has yet to make his mark for the first team this season although did strike home a late penalty in the 2-0 win against Bishop's Stortford.
Cohen opened the scoring early on Monday when he tucked the ball home after Clarke headed at goal following a Rod Hicks free kick.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke then added a second on 22 minutes when he latched on to a cross from the galloping Hicks.
Potters Bar Town struck back with a late reply but City were more concerned about injuries to Cohen and young midfielder Joe Finn. Cohen was taken to hospital with concussion and Finn suffered a bad knee injury. Both players were treated by paramedics at the ground. It is hoped Cohen could get the all-clear to take his place in the first team squad for the FA Cup match with Harlow Town at Clarence Park on Saturday.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Striker Tegana James, who has been featuring for Welwyn Garden City in recent weeks along with former Saint Chris Haslam, played the second half for City.
St Albans City Reserves: C.Adams, E. Pascoal, K. Birch, K. Asamoah, A. Byfield, J. Cartwright, J. Davidge (S. Bignall 55), J. Finn (S. Hurrell 42), G. Cohen (T. James 46), L.Clarke, R. Hicks, subs; C. Mortimer, I. Effiong.
Former City players Marcel McKie and Nathan Simpson played for the Potters Bar Town first team in their Ryman League defeat to Northwood last week.