Striders women take top prize at Sandy 10
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders women’s team took the top prize at Sunday’s Sandy 10.
Wendy Walsh finished in third place, ahead of Helen Cartlidge, who was runner up in the vet 35, in sixth and Lucy Martin in seventh. Deidre Haydecker won the vet 55 race.
In the men’s event, Paul Adams finished second in 57:17. Martin Whitworth clocked 1:02.27 to cross the line in 18th.
Nick Bradley was the first Strider to finish the men’s race at the Brighton Marathon, in a time of 3:38.03, and Helen Durance was the club’s first female to cross the line, in 3:43.33.
At the St Albans Park Run, the top two places went to Striders Adam Dunajko (17:06) and Gary Warren (17:48), and Jenny Maddocks was the third female finisher in 20:41.
You may also want to watch:
Further afield, Mike Martin ran the Paris Marathon on Sunday in a time of 3:10.32, Graham Smith came sixth at the Yorkshire Half Marathon in Sheffield, and Shona Davies took part in the Hornsea 1/3 Marathon and clocked a personal best time of 1:20.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS