Striders women take top prize at Sandy 10
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders women’s team took the top prize at Sunday’s Sandy 10.
Wendy Walsh finished in third place, ahead of Helen Cartlidge, who was runner up in the vet 35, in sixth and Lucy Martin in seventh. Deidre Haydecker won the vet 55 race.
In the men’s event, Paul Adams finished second in 57:17. Martin Whitworth clocked 1:02.27 to cross the line in 18th.
Nick Bradley was the first Strider to finish the men’s race at the Brighton Marathon, in a time of 3:38.03, and Helen Durance was the club’s first female to cross the line, in 3:43.33.
At the St Albans Park Run, the top two places went to Striders Adam Dunajko (17:06) and Gary Warren (17:48), and Jenny Maddocks was the third female finisher in 20:41.
You may also want to watch:
Further afield, Mike Martin ran the Paris Marathon on Sunday in a time of 3:10.32, Graham Smith came sixth at the Yorkshire Half Marathon in Sheffield, and Shona Davies took part in the Hornsea 1/3 Marathon and clocked a personal best time of 1:20.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area