Striders women take top prize at Sandy 10
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders women’s team took the top prize at Sunday’s Sandy 10.
Wendy Walsh finished in third place, ahead of Helen Cartlidge, who was runner up in the vet 35, in sixth and Lucy Martin in seventh. Deidre Haydecker won the vet 55 race.
In the men’s event, Paul Adams finished second in 57:17. Martin Whitworth clocked 1:02.27 to cross the line in 18th.
Nick Bradley was the first Strider to finish the men’s race at the Brighton Marathon, in a time of 3:38.03, and Helen Durance was the club’s first female to cross the line, in 3:43.33.
At the St Albans Park Run, the top two places went to Striders Adam Dunajko (17:06) and Gary Warren (17:48), and Jenny Maddocks was the third female finisher in 20:41.
You may also want to watch:
Further afield, Mike Martin ran the Paris Marathon on Sunday in a time of 3:10.32, Graham Smith came sixth at the Yorkshire Half Marathon in Sheffield, and Shona Davies took part in the Hornsea 1/3 Marathon and clocked a personal best time of 1:20.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire