Striders win Mob Match 10k in WGC
- Credit: Archant
Striders crushed all opposition at the 10k Mob Match held in Welwyn Garden City.
The club’s runners turned up in their droves with 50 men and 26 women taking part in fields of 236 and 101 respectively.
The senior men, senior women and vet men all came first in their categories and the women’s team came third.
The Striders winning men’s team comprised Tom Crouch (2nd), Stephen Buckle (4th), Steven Cockrell (8th), Peter Crowdell (10th), Graham Smith (13th), Gary Warren (17th), Nairn McWilliams (20th), Joseph Dunn (21st), Cathal Gallagher (23rd), Andy Auld (25th), Mark Taplin (29th) and Martin Whitworth (32nd).
The women’s team was Laura Farrar (1st), Wendy Walsh (7th), Helen Cartlidge (12th), Zoe Lowe (13th), Mercedes Getino (21st) and Caroline Bailes (26th).
On Sunday, in sweltering conditions, around 40 Striders took part in the Stevenage Fairlands Valley Challenge event, over the various off-road 12 mile, 18 mile, marathon and 50k ultra routes.
Strider Ben Walsh came first in the ultra in a time of 4hrs 1min, which is even more impressive considering that he got lost twice. Stephen Buckle came second in the 12 mile event.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
Also over the weekend Strider Nick Bradley secured a top 20 place in the Vermont 100km race in the USA, finishing in 13hrs 12mins.