Striders’ Wendy Walsh takes eighth at Leighton Buzzard
St Albans Striders’ Wendy Walsh knocked nine minutes of the personal best time to take eighth at the off-road Dirt Half Challenge in Leighton Buzzard.
She finished the course in 1hr 38mins. Martin Whitworth tackled the Abu Dhabi half marathon and finished 17th overall in a time of 1hr 23mins while and Lucy Stern completed the St Neots half marathon in 2hrs 6mins.
At the Gosport half marathon, Ed Blake set a new personal best time (1:14) and Lucy Waterlow and Amy Tanner finished in 1hr 25mins and 1hr 36mins, respectively.
Over 200 runners turned out for the St Albans Parkrun where Alec Campbell was the first male Strider (9th) and Jenny Maddocks was the first female Strider (1st female overall). Also on Saturday, Nairn McWilliams competed in the Braid Hills cross country event in Edinburgh, achieving a PB (41:35).
On Sunday prolific racers Caroline and Dave Skyrme took on the Richmond Deer Park 10k. Both finished in 59mins 6secs with Caroline achieving a PB.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Phillips (45:48) and Mandy Atkins (55:37) completed the Brighton 10k while Peter Rogers ran the Herbert’s Hole race.
In the Watford Joggers Autumn five mile Challenge, the results were: Jim McConnel (2nd, 30:06); John Knight (10th, 32:09); Ben Scott (35:35); Clemence Copie (35:46); Betsy Dimmond (49:05); Wai Meng Au-Yeong (51:11); Breda Miller (56:40).
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game