Striders’ Walsh wins St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ weekend started with a bang when Wendy Walsh was the first lady home at the St Albans Parkrun in a new personal best time of 19mins 14secs over the 5k course.
Doug Hobson represented the club well at the Brockenhurst Parkrun, coming in 4th overall, and Graham Smith stormed in to win the 15k Wildman race at Ash Vale in Surrey.
This year’s Club Cross Country Championship continued with some hardy Striders taking part despite the soggy weather at Grovelands Park, Southgate on Sunday morning. First male Strider was Alex Juggins in 14th place and first lady home was Nela Royo-Marques.
Also surviving the mud and showing tremendous fortitude in the face of less-than-ideal running conditions was Sarah Bower with a time of 49mins 57secs at the Bushy Park 10k and Jack Brooks romping home at the Cleethorpes Maravan trail marathon in 4hrs 14mins. Jenna Pickering completed her 30th half marathon in 2hrs 25mins in Norwich.
Striders’ annual dinner was held on Saturday night where the winners of the 2013 Club Championship and Age Graded Competition were announced.
You may also want to watch:
Men’s Club Champion 2013/2014: Colin Braybrook
Runners Up: Gary Warren (2nd), Joe Dunn (3rd)
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Women’s Club Champion 2013/2014: Wendy Walsh
Runners Up: Zoe Lowe (2nd), Claire Kremer (3rd)
Men’s Age Graded Winner 2013/2014: Graham Foster
Runners Up: Paul Adams (2nd), Graham Smith (3rd)
Women’s Age Graded Winner 2013/2014: Deirdre Heydecker
Runners Up: Wendy Walsh (2nd), Zoe Lowe (3rd)