Striders’ Walsh wins St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ weekend started with a bang when Wendy Walsh was the first lady home at the St Albans Parkrun in a new personal best time of 19mins 14secs over the 5k course.
Doug Hobson represented the club well at the Brockenhurst Parkrun, coming in 4th overall, and Graham Smith stormed in to win the 15k Wildman race at Ash Vale in Surrey.
This year’s Club Cross Country Championship continued with some hardy Striders taking part despite the soggy weather at Grovelands Park, Southgate on Sunday morning. First male Strider was Alex Juggins in 14th place and first lady home was Nela Royo-Marques.
Also surviving the mud and showing tremendous fortitude in the face of less-than-ideal running conditions was Sarah Bower with a time of 49mins 57secs at the Bushy Park 10k and Jack Brooks romping home at the Cleethorpes Maravan trail marathon in 4hrs 14mins. Jenna Pickering completed her 30th half marathon in 2hrs 25mins in Norwich.
Striders’ annual dinner was held on Saturday night where the winners of the 2013 Club Championship and Age Graded Competition were announced.
Men’s Club Champion 2013/2014: Colin Braybrook
Runners Up: Gary Warren (2nd), Joe Dunn (3rd)
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
Women’s Club Champion 2013/2014: Wendy Walsh
Runners Up: Zoe Lowe (2nd), Claire Kremer (3rd)
Men’s Age Graded Winner 2013/2014: Graham Foster
Runners Up: Paul Adams (2nd), Graham Smith (3rd)
Women’s Age Graded Winner 2013/2014: Deirdre Heydecker
Runners Up: Wendy Walsh (2nd), Zoe Lowe (3rd)