Striders’ Walsh wins St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ weekend started with a bang when Wendy Walsh was the first lady home at the St Albans Parkrun in a new personal best time of 19mins 14secs over the 5k course.
Doug Hobson represented the club well at the Brockenhurst Parkrun, coming in 4th overall, and Graham Smith stormed in to win the 15k Wildman race at Ash Vale in Surrey.
This year’s Club Cross Country Championship continued with some hardy Striders taking part despite the soggy weather at Grovelands Park, Southgate on Sunday morning. First male Strider was Alex Juggins in 14th place and first lady home was Nela Royo-Marques.
Also surviving the mud and showing tremendous fortitude in the face of less-than-ideal running conditions was Sarah Bower with a time of 49mins 57secs at the Bushy Park 10k and Jack Brooks romping home at the Cleethorpes Maravan trail marathon in 4hrs 14mins. Jenna Pickering completed her 30th half marathon in 2hrs 25mins in Norwich.
Striders’ annual dinner was held on Saturday night where the winners of the 2013 Club Championship and Age Graded Competition were announced.
You may also want to watch:
Men’s Club Champion 2013/2014: Colin Braybrook
Runners Up: Gary Warren (2nd), Joe Dunn (3rd)
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
Women’s Club Champion 2013/2014: Wendy Walsh
Runners Up: Zoe Lowe (2nd), Claire Kremer (3rd)
Men’s Age Graded Winner 2013/2014: Graham Foster
Runners Up: Paul Adams (2nd), Graham Smith (3rd)
Women’s Age Graded Winner 2013/2014: Deirdre Heydecker
Runners Up: Wendy Walsh (2nd), Zoe Lowe (3rd)