Striders trail Barnet with one race to go
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders have retained their Midweek Road Race League title after round four at Trent Park.
The women earned three top-10 places, with Claire Kremer, in third, leading home Wendy Walsh and Helen Cartlidge, in sixth and ninth respectively. For the men, Paul Adams was pipped to the line by winner Ben Nagy from Barnet and Tom Crouch came third.
Blake Vivian rounded out Striders’ top 10 runners, coming eighth.
The final round is on July 16 at Welwyn Garden City.
At the Bushey 10k, Claire Hallissey and Walsh earned a Striders one-two, while, in the 5k event, Doug Hobson cross the line in first place and Clare Hobson was second lady.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Mckillop ran the inaugural Dartford Midnight Marathon and came 29th with a time of three hours 40 minutes.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire