Striders trail Barnet with one race to go
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders have retained their Midweek Road Race League title after round four at Trent Park.
The women earned three top-10 places, with Claire Kremer, in third, leading home Wendy Walsh and Helen Cartlidge, in sixth and ninth respectively. For the men, Paul Adams was pipped to the line by winner Ben Nagy from Barnet and Tom Crouch came third.
Blake Vivian rounded out Striders’ top 10 runners, coming eighth.
The final round is on July 16 at Welwyn Garden City.
At the Bushey 10k, Claire Hallissey and Walsh earned a Striders one-two, while, in the 5k event, Doug Hobson cross the line in first place and Clare Hobson was second lady.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Mckillop ran the inaugural Dartford Midnight Marathon and came 29th with a time of three hours 40 minutes.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to