Striders trail Barnet with one race to go
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders have retained their Midweek Road Race League title after round four at Trent Park.
The women earned three top-10 places, with Claire Kremer, in third, leading home Wendy Walsh and Helen Cartlidge, in sixth and ninth respectively. For the men, Paul Adams was pipped to the line by winner Ben Nagy from Barnet and Tom Crouch came third.
Blake Vivian rounded out Striders’ top 10 runners, coming eighth.
The final round is on July 16 at Welwyn Garden City.
At the Bushey 10k, Claire Hallissey and Walsh earned a Striders one-two, while, in the 5k event, Doug Hobson cross the line in first place and Clare Hobson was second lady.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Mckillop ran the inaugural Dartford Midnight Marathon and came 29th with a time of three hours 40 minutes.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS