Striders take top three at home parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Striders took the top three places at the St Albans Parkrun on Saturday.
Out of 325 runners, Blake Vivian won the race in 17 minutes, closely followed by Graham Smith (17.20) and Mark Castleton (17.29 secs).
Jenny Maddocks was once again first female, finishing in 19mins 46secs. Meanwhile, at Cardiff Parkrun, Howard Bull finished in a personal best time of 21mins and Kathryn Hall completed the London Triathlon sprint distance event (750m swim, 20k bike ride and 5k run) in 1hr 45mins.
On Sunday Striders Ben Jackson and Kate Webb ran the Jane Tomlinson York 10k finishing in 40mins 7secs and 59mins 21secs respectively.
A number of Striders were also competing with St Albans Athletics Club on Saturday in the last fixture of the season at Hemel. The team came second behind Harrow.
Christina Smith took part in 4 events (800m, 1,500m, 3,000m and 1,500m steeplechase), amassing 12 match points for the club. Wendy Walsh finished second in the 3,000m, Tom Crouch was second in the 5,000m and third in the 2,000m steeplechase and Steve Cockrell had strong runs in the 1,500m and 4x400m relay event.
Cathal Gallagher finished second in the 2,000m steeplechase and Andrew Maher was third in the 400m hurdles. There were also strong performances by Joe Dunn and Martin Whitworth in the 5,000m race and Martin Whitworth came fourth in the 200m event.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped