Striders take top three at home parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Striders took the top three places at the St Albans Parkrun on Saturday.
Out of 325 runners, Blake Vivian won the race in 17 minutes, closely followed by Graham Smith (17.20) and Mark Castleton (17.29 secs).
Jenny Maddocks was once again first female, finishing in 19mins 46secs. Meanwhile, at Cardiff Parkrun, Howard Bull finished in a personal best time of 21mins and Kathryn Hall completed the London Triathlon sprint distance event (750m swim, 20k bike ride and 5k run) in 1hr 45mins.
On Sunday Striders Ben Jackson and Kate Webb ran the Jane Tomlinson York 10k finishing in 40mins 7secs and 59mins 21secs respectively.
A number of Striders were also competing with St Albans Athletics Club on Saturday in the last fixture of the season at Hemel. The team came second behind Harrow.
You may also want to watch:
Christina Smith took part in 4 events (800m, 1,500m, 3,000m and 1,500m steeplechase), amassing 12 match points for the club. Wendy Walsh finished second in the 3,000m, Tom Crouch was second in the 5,000m and third in the 2,000m steeplechase and Steve Cockrell had strong runs in the 1,500m and 4x400m relay event.
Cathal Gallagher finished second in the 2,000m steeplechase and Andrew Maher was third in the 400m hurdles. There were also strong performances by Joe Dunn and Martin Whitworth in the 5,000m race and Martin Whitworth came fourth in the 200m event.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans