Striders take on National Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Striders competed in the National Cross Country Championships at Donington Park in Leicestershire at the weekend.
The men’s team was not at full strength, but finished 79th team out of 123 over a challenging, cold, windy, hilly and muddy eight mile course with 1,700 runners from all over England participating.
Oliver Poulain ran excellently to finish 209th in 48:53, backed up by Jamie Abbiss 636th in 55:38, Graham Foster 843rd in 58:00 Michael Martin 878th in 58:32, Colin Braybrook 945th in 59:25 and Michael Jack 1,631st in 76:37.
In the 700 strong ladies’ 8km race, Lucy Waterlow finished a very creditable 102nd in 35:29 with Carole Jack 612th in 49:32.
Closer to home, Paul Adams comfortably finished first in the St Albans 5k Parkrun in a personal best time of 15:57.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Hann was second in 16:51, Pablo Plaza Lastras fifth in 18:24 and John Ockenden sixth in 18:25.
Claire Kremer was first lady in 19:47 and Helen Cartlidge second in 20:00.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
Doug Hobson finished fourth in the Victoria Park 10k in 39:56.