Striders take on National Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Striders competed in the National Cross Country Championships at Donington Park in Leicestershire at the weekend.
The men’s team was not at full strength, but finished 79th team out of 123 over a challenging, cold, windy, hilly and muddy eight mile course with 1,700 runners from all over England participating.
Oliver Poulain ran excellently to finish 209th in 48:53, backed up by Jamie Abbiss 636th in 55:38, Graham Foster 843rd in 58:00 Michael Martin 878th in 58:32, Colin Braybrook 945th in 59:25 and Michael Jack 1,631st in 76:37.
In the 700 strong ladies’ 8km race, Lucy Waterlow finished a very creditable 102nd in 35:29 with Carole Jack 612th in 49:32.
Closer to home, Paul Adams comfortably finished first in the St Albans 5k Parkrun in a personal best time of 15:57.
Matt Hann was second in 16:51, Pablo Plaza Lastras fifth in 18:24 and John Ockenden sixth in 18:25.
Claire Kremer was first lady in 19:47 and Helen Cartlidge second in 20:00.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Doug Hobson finished fourth in the Victoria Park 10k in 39:56.