Striders’ Steer takes top V45 in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Deborah Steer took first place in the V45 category at the St Neots half marathon.
Steer finished in 1:29.43. Fellow Striders Lucy Stern (1:54.47), Mandy Attree (1:54.47), Judith Beard (1:58.36) and Carol Ransom (1:58.54) came in 40th, 41st, 50th and 51st respectively in the same category.
Further afield, Wendy Walsh was fourth female overall and second FV35 in the Dirt Running Half Marathon Challenge. Blake Vivian was representing the Striders at the Leeds Abbey 10K Dash and finished in a time of 34:28.
In Edinburgh, Nairn McWilliams ran the Braid Hills six mile cross country race, finishing 126th with a personal best of 40:59. Jack Brooks completed a muddy Shillington Shuffle Trail Marathon in 6:39.00.
The St Albans Striders men’s team, made up of Graham Foster, Stephen Smith and Peter Rogers, took third place in the Herbert’s Hole 10K race in Chesham, completing the course in 42:55, 45:30 and 56:01 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
There was a good turnout of Striders at the Watford Autumn Challenge on Sunday, a five mile trail race through Cassiobury Park. Jacob Hine took third place overall, followed by Colin Braybrook in 35:36, Rav Dighe (35:40), Martin Medforth (48:07), Caroline Skyrme (51:54) and Jenna Pickering (56:24).
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall