Striders’ Steer takes top V45 in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Deborah Steer took first place in the V45 category at the St Neots half marathon.
Steer finished in 1:29.43. Fellow Striders Lucy Stern (1:54.47), Mandy Attree (1:54.47), Judith Beard (1:58.36) and Carol Ransom (1:58.54) came in 40th, 41st, 50th and 51st respectively in the same category.
Further afield, Wendy Walsh was fourth female overall and second FV35 in the Dirt Running Half Marathon Challenge. Blake Vivian was representing the Striders at the Leeds Abbey 10K Dash and finished in a time of 34:28.
In Edinburgh, Nairn McWilliams ran the Braid Hills six mile cross country race, finishing 126th with a personal best of 40:59. Jack Brooks completed a muddy Shillington Shuffle Trail Marathon in 6:39.00.
The St Albans Striders men’s team, made up of Graham Foster, Stephen Smith and Peter Rogers, took third place in the Herbert’s Hole 10K race in Chesham, completing the course in 42:55, 45:30 and 56:01 respectively.
There was a good turnout of Striders at the Watford Autumn Challenge on Sunday, a five mile trail race through Cassiobury Park. Jacob Hine took third place overall, followed by Colin Braybrook in 35:36, Rav Dighe (35:40), Martin Medforth (48:07), Caroline Skyrme (51:54) and Jenna Pickering (56:24).
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 7 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star