Athletics: St Albans Striders McMurray makes mark at BMC meeting
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders member James McMurray set a new 1500m personal best of 3.39.02 at the BMC meeting in Watford on Saturday.
McMurray produced an impressive display in a field full of British internationals to lead until the final bend.
But he was eventually pipped by Andy Butchart.
Anna Buckingham was first female and second overall in the dark trail night race in the Brecon Beacons.
The race includes 1000m of ascent and descent over an 18k route in the dark and was described as 'great fun'.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home, Nicky Laitner and Karen Sheard finished second and third in the 17-mile Herts Hobble trail race through the countryside around Buntingford.
And as part of the club's annual Weekend Away, around 50 members took part in the new parkrun in Ludlow, Shropshire, which proved a hilly 5k route through some attractive countryside.
- 1 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 2 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Batchwood Hall COVID vaccine team warn of potential scam call
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support