Athletics: St Albans Striders McMurray makes mark at BMC meeting
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders member James McMurray set a new 1500m personal best of 3.39.02 at the BMC meeting in Watford on Saturday.
McMurray produced an impressive display in a field full of British internationals to lead until the final bend.
But he was eventually pipped by Andy Butchart.
Anna Buckingham was first female and second overall in the dark trail night race in the Brecon Beacons.
The race includes 1000m of ascent and descent over an 18k route in the dark and was described as 'great fun'.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home, Nicky Laitner and Karen Sheard finished second and third in the 17-mile Herts Hobble trail race through the countryside around Buntingford.
And as part of the club's annual Weekend Away, around 50 members took part in the new parkrun in Ludlow, Shropshire, which proved a hilly 5k route through some attractive countryside.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 8 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 9 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities