Striders lead midweek road race league after home fixture
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders sit atop the league in the 2015 Scotts Travel Midweek Road Race after two fixtures.
The club leads the league in the men’s, women’s, veteran men’s and veteran women’s competitions.
For last Thursday’s home fixture in St Albans, 111 Striders competed and had four top 10 finishes in the men’s and five in the women’s races.
Tom Crouch won the men’s race, ahead of Paul Adams (3rd), Blake Vivian (6th) and Stephen Buckle (10th). For the women, Claire Hallissey and Lucy Waterlow secured a Striders one-two. Wendy Walsh (6th), Victoria Pritchard (7th) and Jenny Maddocks (10th) completed the women’s top 10 finishers.
Elsewhere, Jack Brooks finished the Great River Bluffs State Park trail in Minnesota in 4:51:29. The thunder and lightning stopped 20 minutes before the start of the race and the rain was torrential for the first half.
You may also want to watch:
The Ashridge Trail Half Marathon was won for the ladies by Wendy Walsh in a time of 1.40 and Doug Hobson came first at the Barton 5k with Clare Hobson as the first lady.
The first group of 2015 Run With Striders graduates have completed their course.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17