Striders lead midweek road race league after home fixture
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders sit atop the league in the 2015 Scotts Travel Midweek Road Race after two fixtures.
The club leads the league in the men’s, women’s, veteran men’s and veteran women’s competitions.
For last Thursday’s home fixture in St Albans, 111 Striders competed and had four top 10 finishes in the men’s and five in the women’s races.
Tom Crouch won the men’s race, ahead of Paul Adams (3rd), Blake Vivian (6th) and Stephen Buckle (10th). For the women, Claire Hallissey and Lucy Waterlow secured a Striders one-two. Wendy Walsh (6th), Victoria Pritchard (7th) and Jenny Maddocks (10th) completed the women’s top 10 finishers.
Elsewhere, Jack Brooks finished the Great River Bluffs State Park trail in Minnesota in 4:51:29. The thunder and lightning stopped 20 minutes before the start of the race and the rain was torrential for the first half.
You may also want to watch:
The Ashridge Trail Half Marathon was won for the ladies by Wendy Walsh in a time of 1.40 and Doug Hobson came first at the Barton 5k with Clare Hobson as the first lady.
The first group of 2015 Run With Striders graduates have completed their course.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire