Striders’ Josh Edwards wins U13 race
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders joined forces with St Albans AC for the first cross country race in Division One of the Chiltern League at Watford on Saturday.
A few of their fastest runners were out of action, however, a good turnout of runners further down the field still enabled St Albans to take fifth out of 14 teams.
In the men’s six mile race, Ed Blake just pipped Steve Cockrell to score first for St Albans. In the ladies’ four mile race, Wendy Webster continued her good form as first St Albans runner home, closely followed by Claire Kremer.
In the under-15s Ben Clarke finished in fourth place with Tabitha Weddell finishing fifth. In the under-13s Josh Edwards won the boys’ race by a clear 12 seconds, with Emily Anders finishing third in the girls’ race.
Six Striders completed the Abingdon Marathon on Sunday: Andrew McKillop (3:31); Jonathan Redshaw (3:34)0; Many Attree (3:59); Lucy Stern (4:07); Carol Ransom (4:09); Abby Reilly (4:28).
You may also want to watch:
Jack Brooks ran the Canadian Prince Edward Island marathon in (3:47), while Graham Smith was first over-40 in the Denbies 10 mile race in 71 minutes.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden