Striders’ Josh Edwards wins U13 race
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders joined forces with St Albans AC for the first cross country race in Division One of the Chiltern League at Watford on Saturday.
A few of their fastest runners were out of action, however, a good turnout of runners further down the field still enabled St Albans to take fifth out of 14 teams.
In the men’s six mile race, Ed Blake just pipped Steve Cockrell to score first for St Albans. In the ladies’ four mile race, Wendy Webster continued her good form as first St Albans runner home, closely followed by Claire Kremer.
In the under-15s Ben Clarke finished in fourth place with Tabitha Weddell finishing fifth. In the under-13s Josh Edwards won the boys’ race by a clear 12 seconds, with Emily Anders finishing third in the girls’ race.
Six Striders completed the Abingdon Marathon on Sunday: Andrew McKillop (3:31); Jonathan Redshaw (3:34)0; Many Attree (3:59); Lucy Stern (4:07); Carol Ransom (4:09); Abby Reilly (4:28).
You may also want to watch:
Jack Brooks ran the Canadian Prince Edward Island marathon in (3:47), while Graham Smith was first over-40 in the Denbies 10 mile race in 71 minutes.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears