Striders in the prizes at the Fred Hughes run
- Credit: Archant
The Striders took home plenty of prizes at the Fred Hughes 10 mile race in St Albans on Sunday.
Tom Crouch came third in a time of 55:01 while Steve Buckle finished fifth in 56:53.
Wendy Walsh also won the FV45 category and Deirdre Heydecker was first FV55.
The overall Men’s Team prize went to the quartet of Crouch, Buckle, Simon Fraser and Peter Crowdell.
The club also walked off with the Male Herts Team prize, Michele Besio replacing Buckle as the fourth member.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Kremer, Wendy Walsh and Judy Willits made up the 2nd Female Herts Team.
Matt Hann won the St Albans park run on Saturday in a time of 16:58 and Kremer was the third female runner to finish in 20:29.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park