Striders in the prizes at the Fred Hughes run
- Credit: Archant
The Striders took home plenty of prizes at the Fred Hughes 10 mile race in St Albans on Sunday.
Tom Crouch came third in a time of 55:01 while Steve Buckle finished fifth in 56:53.
Wendy Walsh also won the FV45 category and Deirdre Heydecker was first FV55.
The overall Men’s Team prize went to the quartet of Crouch, Buckle, Simon Fraser and Peter Crowdell.
The club also walked off with the Male Herts Team prize, Michele Besio replacing Buckle as the fourth member.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Kremer, Wendy Walsh and Judy Willits made up the 2nd Female Herts Team.
Matt Hann won the St Albans park run on Saturday in a time of 16:58 and Kremer was the third female runner to finish in 20:29.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre