Athletics: St Albans Striders impress Stateside and at Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders took part in the New York Marathon and were led home by Ian Hirth in a fantastic 2:55.52.
Starting on Staten Island and finishing in Manhattan's Central Park, Stacey Harris (3:32.34) was next Strider to finish, ahead of Rachel Dixon (3:35.03) and Richard Hayes (4:25.04).
Much closer to home, a group of six Striders ran the Stevenage half marathon, with Ollie Knight (1:23.17) 18th overall.
Nigel Aston (1:26.35) was second M50 athlete, both in personal bests, as Jim West (1:40.11), Julie Manson (2:00.47), Peter Rogers (2:13.13) and Rajasingham Sivakumaran (2:31.53) also took part.
Jim Simpson paired up with daughter Catherine in the Peak Raid 3 series for a fell race over the limestone hills and dales of the Peak District's White Peak.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Mike Martin, Tim Searle and Philip Evans were third male team at the VeloPark Greenwich Titons Team Duathlon Relays, after a two-mile run, six-mile bike ride and one-mile run.
Striders are back in Chiltern League action at Teardrop Lakes in Milton Keynes on Saturday.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street