Striders hold St Albans 10K
THE St Albans Striders held their annual St Albans 10k race on Sunday with 464 competitors completing the course. The top three finishers were Ryan McKinley (Highgate Harriers – 33.26), David Branfoot (Harrow AC – 33.30) and Michael Hunt (Trafford AC – 3
THE St Albans Striders held their annual St Albans 10k race on Sunday with 464 competitors completing the course.
The top three finishers were Ryan McKinley (Highgate Harriers - 33.26), David Branfoot (Harrow AC - 33.30) and Michael Hunt (Trafford AC - 34.18).
The highest placed Strider was Ranjiet Kainth who finished 41st with Kevin Brammer in 65th, Bob Watson in 78th and Mark Stevens in 84th.
Lee McIvor (118th) and Graham Edwards (154th) came home just outside the top 100.
Mandy Attree finished in eighth place in the FV35 category with Paul Carter crossing the line in 37th place in the MV40 category.
Judy Pomphrey was first to cross the line in the FV55 category
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 10 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
The event was sponsored by Up & Running Watford to whom the St Albans Striders are grateful for their continued support and involvement.
The club will be heavily involved in the St Albans half marathon which is taking place on Sunday, June 14.
* There are no places left in this Sunday's Wheathampstead 10K, however, there are still plenty of places available in the 2K event.