Striders help Herts to ninth in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
Five Striders helped Hertfordshire finish ninth at the Intercounties Cross Country Championships in Birmingham on Saturday.
Claire Hallisey cross the line in 36th, followed by Wendy Webster in 144th, Martha Hall in 160th and Wendy Walsh in 172nd. In the men’s race, Paul Adams, who ran the Finchley 20 the following day, was 107th.
Elsewhere, Jenna Pickering was one of 10 Striders to complete the Finchley 20 - she finished in 3:51:42 - Helen Cartlidge won the women’s race in the St Albans Parkrun, Jack Brooks did the Lafayette Marathon in Louisiana in 3:43:58 and was second in the 60/64 age group and Si Fraser clocked 1:17:35 in the Cambridge half marathon, good for 18th position.
At the Milton Keynes Running Festival, Striders had three runners in the top 10 in the half marathon. Joseph Dunn led his team-mates home in seventh, with Nairn Williams two places behind and Hallissey, who was first female, in 10th.
The other half marathon finishers were: Terry Bonnett (86:01, 48th), Gwynfor Tyley (89:56, 85th), Douglas Hobson (91:16, 104th), Mick Jack (1:49:36, 608th), Carole Jack (1:59:23, 1,018th), Jane Percival (2:04:31, 1,125th).
In the 20-mile race, Deirdre Heydecker was first F55 in 2:42:30. Other finishers were: Michael Large (2:43:43, 174th), Stephen Elkan (2:50:22, 252nd), Clair Drage (3:30:04, 535th), Laura Bailey (3:56:23, 592nd).
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire