Striders help Herts to ninth in Birmingham
- Credit: Archant
Five Striders helped Hertfordshire finish ninth at the Intercounties Cross Country Championships in Birmingham on Saturday.
Claire Hallisey cross the line in 36th, followed by Wendy Webster in 144th, Martha Hall in 160th and Wendy Walsh in 172nd. In the men’s race, Paul Adams, who ran the Finchley 20 the following day, was 107th.
Elsewhere, Jenna Pickering was one of 10 Striders to complete the Finchley 20 - she finished in 3:51:42 - Helen Cartlidge won the women’s race in the St Albans Parkrun, Jack Brooks did the Lafayette Marathon in Louisiana in 3:43:58 and was second in the 60/64 age group and Si Fraser clocked 1:17:35 in the Cambridge half marathon, good for 18th position.
At the Milton Keynes Running Festival, Striders had three runners in the top 10 in the half marathon. Joseph Dunn led his team-mates home in seventh, with Nairn Williams two places behind and Hallissey, who was first female, in 10th.
The other half marathon finishers were: Terry Bonnett (86:01, 48th), Gwynfor Tyley (89:56, 85th), Douglas Hobson (91:16, 104th), Mick Jack (1:49:36, 608th), Carole Jack (1:59:23, 1,018th), Jane Percival (2:04:31, 1,125th).
You may also want to watch:
In the 20-mile race, Deirdre Heydecker was first F55 in 2:42:30. Other finishers were: Michael Large (2:43:43, 174th), Stephen Elkan (2:50:22, 252nd), Clair Drage (3:30:04, 535th), Laura Bailey (3:56:23, 592nd).
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly