Striders have themselves a merry little festive run
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders had a very merry time at the Festive 5 Mile race in Welwyn Garden City.
The Striders claimed both the men’s and women’s team and individual prizes on Sunday.
Paul Adams finished first in 26:27 followed by teammates Alex Juggins and Nick Day, enough to take the men’s team prize.
Claire Kremer was the first woman to finish the race in 31:49 and was followed by Wendy Walsh, who also took the FV45 prize.
Tamsyn Clark finished in 33:12 to claim the women’s team award.
At the SEAA Masters Cross Country Championships, the Men’s V50-59 team, made up of Colin Braybrook (30th), Steve Smith (49th), Alec Campbell (60th), were 10th overall.
Richard Derrick (82nd) and Michael Jack (84th) also completed the run.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
Wendy Webster was also representing Hertfordshire at the Inter-Counties Championships where she finished 23rd.
Peter Crowdell was 9th (and second V40) at the Milton Keynes half marathon in a time of 1:18:13 and Richard Willcox ran the Olympic Park 10K in a new personal best time of 39:19.
Matt Hann won the St Albans parkrun this week with a new personal best time of 16:29.
Helen Cartlidge (19:59) and Jenny Maddocks (20:11) were 2nd and 3rd women to finish.