Striders have themselves a merry little festive run
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders had a very merry time at the Festive 5 Mile race in Welwyn Garden City.
The Striders claimed both the men’s and women’s team and individual prizes on Sunday.
Paul Adams finished first in 26:27 followed by teammates Alex Juggins and Nick Day, enough to take the men’s team prize.
Claire Kremer was the first woman to finish the race in 31:49 and was followed by Wendy Walsh, who also took the FV45 prize.
Tamsyn Clark finished in 33:12 to claim the women’s team award.
You may also want to watch:
At the SEAA Masters Cross Country Championships, the Men’s V50-59 team, made up of Colin Braybrook (30th), Steve Smith (49th), Alec Campbell (60th), were 10th overall.
Richard Derrick (82nd) and Michael Jack (84th) also completed the run.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
Wendy Webster was also representing Hertfordshire at the Inter-Counties Championships where she finished 23rd.
Peter Crowdell was 9th (and second V40) at the Milton Keynes half marathon in a time of 1:18:13 and Richard Willcox ran the Olympic Park 10K in a new personal best time of 39:19.
Matt Hann won the St Albans parkrun this week with a new personal best time of 16:29.
Helen Cartlidge (19:59) and Jenny Maddocks (20:11) were 2nd and 3rd women to finish.