Striders have themselves a merry little festive run
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders had a very merry time at the Festive 5 Mile race in Welwyn Garden City.
The Striders claimed both the men’s and women’s team and individual prizes on Sunday.
Paul Adams finished first in 26:27 followed by teammates Alex Juggins and Nick Day, enough to take the men’s team prize.
Claire Kremer was the first woman to finish the race in 31:49 and was followed by Wendy Walsh, who also took the FV45 prize.
Tamsyn Clark finished in 33:12 to claim the women’s team award.
You may also want to watch:
At the SEAA Masters Cross Country Championships, the Men’s V50-59 team, made up of Colin Braybrook (30th), Steve Smith (49th), Alec Campbell (60th), were 10th overall.
Richard Derrick (82nd) and Michael Jack (84th) also completed the run.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
Wendy Webster was also representing Hertfordshire at the Inter-Counties Championships where she finished 23rd.
Peter Crowdell was 9th (and second V40) at the Milton Keynes half marathon in a time of 1:18:13 and Richard Willcox ran the Olympic Park 10K in a new personal best time of 39:19.
Matt Hann won the St Albans parkrun this week with a new personal best time of 16:29.
Helen Cartlidge (19:59) and Jenny Maddocks (20:11) were 2nd and 3rd women to finish.