Striders finish Chiltern League season
- Credit: Archant
The last fixture of the Chiltern League Division 1 took place at Teardrop Lakes in Milton Keynes on Saturday over a challenging muddy course with several steep hills.
James McMurray stormed to second place in the men’s 9km race with Paul Adams in seventh. Backed up by Adam Dunajko 33rd, Graham Smith 39th, Joe Dunn 46th, Gary Warren 75th, Graham Foster 76th, Mike Jubb 79th, John Ockenden 100th, Nairn McWilliams 111th, the men’s team were 5th on the day but with strong performances earlier in the season this gave the Striders senior men fourth place overall in the league, up one place from last year.
The veterans, Smith, Warren, Foster and Jubb, were fifth on the day, but finished fourth for the season, also up from fifth last year.
In the ladies’ race, Wendy Webster was back on form finishing 11th, closely followed by Wendy Walsh 15th, Liz Mckie 20th and Deb Steer 21st. These four made up both the senior and veterans’ team, finishing third seniors’ and 1st veterans’ teams on the day. They finished the season as fifth seniors and first veterans.
In the league individual rankings, Walsh was third in the vet 35, Deb Steer was first in vet 45, ahead of Mckie in second and Zoe Lowe in third. Liz Walls was third vet V55. Paul Adams finished fourth and Graham Smith fifth vet 40.
You may also want to watch:
Walsh still had the energy to win the Reading five mile race on Sunday in a time of 32:33, whilst nearby, Sam Pullan ran the Oxford to Henley 50 mile race in 7:19:00 with Belinda Pullan finishing in 8:26:00. David Jackson finished the Greenwich Park 10k in 44:43.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans