Striders enjoying the spring weather with good results
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out in force this weekend at various events around the country.
In the ever-popular Reading Half Marathon, Blake Vivian finished in the top 60 in 1:15:09 with Martin Whitworth well-placed in 1:20:12.
They were followed by Alec Campbell in 1:32:18 and David Prince 1:55:51.
In the Oakley 20 mile race, Si Fraser finished a creditable fourth in 2:03:45 followed by Graham Foster in 2:15:30.
Deirdre Heydecker was the first v60 lady in 2 hours 43 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Other finishers included Chris Williams 2:35, Ben Scott 2:36, James Stanger 2:37, Russell Sessions 2:46, Marc Philips 2:48, Stephen Elkan 2:49 and Paul Earnshaw 2:54.
In the Paris Marathon, Errol Maginley and Jenny Maddocks both finished in 3 hours 18 minutes, followed by: Claire Sharp 3:36, Carol Ransom 4:00, Judith Beard 4:18, Lucy Stern and Mandy Attree 4:19, Laura Astley 4:22, Petra Grosse-Hull 4:30,Adam Mellor 4:40 and Andrew Hull 5:25.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
In the Kingston breakfast run Ruth Martin completed 20 miles in 2:42, Carolyn Martin and David Martin ran eight miles in 1:21 and 1:46:51 respectively.
Nairn McWilliams was sixth in the Dunbar 10k in 36:46.
St Albans Striders are staging a six week “Run with Striders” course starting May 3.
It is for anyone who can run 5k and who wants to improve by running with others.
Full details are on www.stalbansstriders.com