Striders enjoying the spring weather with good results
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out in force this weekend at various events around the country.
In the ever-popular Reading Half Marathon, Blake Vivian finished in the top 60 in 1:15:09 with Martin Whitworth well-placed in 1:20:12.
They were followed by Alec Campbell in 1:32:18 and David Prince 1:55:51.
In the Oakley 20 mile race, Si Fraser finished a creditable fourth in 2:03:45 followed by Graham Foster in 2:15:30.
Deirdre Heydecker was the first v60 lady in 2 hours 43 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Other finishers included Chris Williams 2:35, Ben Scott 2:36, James Stanger 2:37, Russell Sessions 2:46, Marc Philips 2:48, Stephen Elkan 2:49 and Paul Earnshaw 2:54.
In the Paris Marathon, Errol Maginley and Jenny Maddocks both finished in 3 hours 18 minutes, followed by: Claire Sharp 3:36, Carol Ransom 4:00, Judith Beard 4:18, Lucy Stern and Mandy Attree 4:19, Laura Astley 4:22, Petra Grosse-Hull 4:30,Adam Mellor 4:40 and Andrew Hull 5:25.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
In the Kingston breakfast run Ruth Martin completed 20 miles in 2:42, Carolyn Martin and David Martin ran eight miles in 1:21 and 1:46:51 respectively.
Nairn McWilliams was sixth in the Dunbar 10k in 36:46.
St Albans Striders are staging a six week “Run with Striders” course starting May 3.
It is for anyone who can run 5k and who wants to improve by running with others.
Full details are on www.stalbansstriders.com