Striders enjoying the spring weather with good results
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out in force this weekend at various events around the country.
In the ever-popular Reading Half Marathon, Blake Vivian finished in the top 60 in 1:15:09 with Martin Whitworth well-placed in 1:20:12.
They were followed by Alec Campbell in 1:32:18 and David Prince 1:55:51.
In the Oakley 20 mile race, Si Fraser finished a creditable fourth in 2:03:45 followed by Graham Foster in 2:15:30.
Deirdre Heydecker was the first v60 lady in 2 hours 43 minutes.
Other finishers included Chris Williams 2:35, Ben Scott 2:36, James Stanger 2:37, Russell Sessions 2:46, Marc Philips 2:48, Stephen Elkan 2:49 and Paul Earnshaw 2:54.
In the Paris Marathon, Errol Maginley and Jenny Maddocks both finished in 3 hours 18 minutes, followed by: Claire Sharp 3:36, Carol Ransom 4:00, Judith Beard 4:18, Lucy Stern and Mandy Attree 4:19, Laura Astley 4:22, Petra Grosse-Hull 4:30,Adam Mellor 4:40 and Andrew Hull 5:25.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
In the Kingston breakfast run Ruth Martin completed 20 miles in 2:42, Carolyn Martin and David Martin ran eight miles in 1:21 and 1:46:51 respectively.
Nairn McWilliams was sixth in the Dunbar 10k in 36:46.
St Albans Striders are staging a six week “Run with Striders” course starting May 3.
It is for anyone who can run 5k and who wants to improve by running with others.
Full details are on www.stalbansstriders.com