Striders dress up for St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Fancy dress didn’t slow down Striders Jenny Maddocks and Wendy Webster at this weekend’s St Albans Parkrun.
Maddocks finished second in 21:56 with Webster just 18 seconds behind in third. Tom Crouch and Adam Dunajko secured a Striders one-two in the men’s race, completing the 5k course in 17:27 and 18:16 respectively
In the National Cross Country Relays, held in Mansfield, the senior women’s team of Laura Farrar (9:59), Wendy Walsh (11:45) and Deborah Steer (11:51) placed 27th out of 98 teams.
There were lots of Striders taking part in a very wet Stevenage Marathon on Sunday, including Stephen Smith who finished in 20th place in 3:19 and was also third vet50. Andrew McKillop was close behind in 3:28, followed by Paul Earnshaw (3:41), Deirdre Heydecker (3:41), Mark Travers (4:27) Ben Scott (4:55), and Jenna Pickering (5:55).
In the half marathon, Richard Harry finished 16th in 1:24 followed by Stephen Elkan (1:43), Peter Rogers (1:50), Carol Random (2:13), and Binh Tang (2:20).
You may also want to watch:
Nairn McWilliams and Ben Scott were representing Striders at the Dublin Marathon and finished with times of 2:48:22 and 3:46:24 respectively.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years