Striders dress up for St Albans Parkrun
- Credit: Archant
Fancy dress didn’t slow down Striders Jenny Maddocks and Wendy Webster at this weekend’s St Albans Parkrun.
Maddocks finished second in 21:56 with Webster just 18 seconds behind in third. Tom Crouch and Adam Dunajko secured a Striders one-two in the men’s race, completing the 5k course in 17:27 and 18:16 respectively
In the National Cross Country Relays, held in Mansfield, the senior women’s team of Laura Farrar (9:59), Wendy Walsh (11:45) and Deborah Steer (11:51) placed 27th out of 98 teams.
There were lots of Striders taking part in a very wet Stevenage Marathon on Sunday, including Stephen Smith who finished in 20th place in 3:19 and was also third vet50. Andrew McKillop was close behind in 3:28, followed by Paul Earnshaw (3:41), Deirdre Heydecker (3:41), Mark Travers (4:27) Ben Scott (4:55), and Jenna Pickering (5:55).
In the half marathon, Richard Harry finished 16th in 1:24 followed by Stephen Elkan (1:43), Peter Rogers (1:50), Carol Random (2:13), and Binh Tang (2:20).
You may also want to watch:
Nairn McWilliams and Ben Scott were representing Striders at the Dublin Marathon and finished with times of 2:48:22 and 3:46:24 respectively.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure