Striders continue good form in midweek road race league
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders stay top of the Hertfordshire Midweek Road Race League after a good showing in Chingford.
They placed third in the men’s, women’s and vet men’s races at the six mile event and went one btter with second in the vet women’s race.
Claire Hallissey was the first woman to finish in 37:44 and Wendy Walsh also earned a top 10 place with a time of 41:09.
Tom Crouch and Paul Adams took first and second places with times of 32:12 and 32:48 respectively.
Andrew McKillop ran the Kent Roadrunner Marathon, which consists of 21 laps of the Cyclopark in Gravesend, in 3:10:23 and Gillian Pease ran the Liverpool Marathon in a new personal best time of 3:26:13.
Luke Hart also completed the hilly Needles Half Marathon in two hours eight minutes.
Conrad Wild finished the Weald Challenge 50K trail race in Sussex in 23rd place (five hours and 21 minutes) and Matt Gifford ran 100K from London to Brighton over the Bank Holiday weekend which took him 16 hours and 14 minutes.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Matt Hann and Edward Bailey took first and second places at the St Albans parkrun this week, finishing in 16:35 and 17:53 and Claire Kremer and Helen Cartlidge were first and third female finishers in 19:53 and 20:09.
In the nearby Aldenham parkrun, Cathal Gallagher was first, Gary Warren second and Wendy Walsh was fourth and first female.
Further afield, Christina Smith was the first woman to finish the Amagerfaelled parkrun in Copenhagen.
Challenge yourself to beat the sunset at the new Summer Solistice 10K race, hosted by the St Albans Striders.
It takes place at 8pm on June 17 in Highfield Park.
Sign up on the Active Training World website.