Street let it slip
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Codicote 2 Park Street Village 2 AN injury-time equaliser denied Park Street Village all three points from their trip to Codicote. PSV fell behind when Codicote midfielder Coughlan was given the time and space t
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Codicote 2 Park Street Village 2
AN injury-time equaliser denied Park Street Village all three points from their trip to Codicote.
PSV fell behind when Codicote midfielder Coughlan was given the time and space to place his header past 'keeper Tony Kirby. The hosts held on until half time but found themselves behind three minutes into the second period.
You may also want to watch:
Codicote failed to clear a PSV corner and Lee Woodruff volleyed home. The goal bought the visitors to life and they took the lead just minutes later. Dave Ross put a cross into the Codicote area which the home keeper spilled and Matt Newman was on hand to bundle the ball over the line.
PSV continued to create chances but failed to extend their lead. Newman raced clear on goal but was fouled by a Codicote defender and, despite Newman putting the ball in the back of the net, the referee pulled everyone back, much to the annoyance of the PSV bench. Their frustrations grew after they were reduced to ten men when the referee dismissed Dean Thompson. PSV's failure to convert their chances was punished in the dying moments when Anderson pounced on a defensive mix-up between Chris Day and Kirby to slot home and grab Codicote a point.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
PSV boss Ryan Thompson said: "The boys were disappointed after the game because they feel they've been done out of the game but we'll take a point away from home against one of the better sides around."
l Sandridge Rovers crashed out of the Anagram Records Trophy, suffering a heavy 5-0 defeat at the hands of South Midlands League Division One side Winslow United. O'Sullivan led the goal scoring for the away side, netting twice, with further strikes coming from Fitzmead, Landle and Trott.
l Park Street Village Reserves continued their excellent home form with a 4-0 win over Sandridge Rovers Reserves.
Aaron King and Chris Dundon gave them a 2-0 lead at the interval and Street continued to dominate after the break. In the 80th minute, James Smith opened up the Rovers defence leaving Scott Corley and easy finish and they saved the best goal until last with debutant Chris Dew finishing across the 'keeper from just inside the box with two minutes left.