Stevenage FC youngster makes London Colney debut
- Credit: Archant
Jimmy Hartley made his debut for London Colney on Saturday in a goalless draw against London Tigers.
The Stevenage FC youth team product made an immediate impact and almost set up an early goal for Martin Collins but his shot was saved by Jamie Adim. Tigers’ custodian had to be alert soon after to deny a header from his own defender following a Jack Woods’ cross.
Hartley continued to cause problems for Tigers down the right wing, whipping in dangerous crosses and cutting inside to shoot, but still the Blueboys could not break the deadlock.
Woods, Collins and Greg Shaw also came close.
At the start of the second half Dan Power played a free kick into the box which Shaw knocked down for Woods to fire over the bar from 10 yards.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Charlie May had to make a smart save to his left from a firm strike from Redion Fega and he also did well to block a effort on goal with his legs from a shot by Jon Muzzi.
Danny Fitzgerald made surging run forwards whereupon he laid the ball off to Collins who saw firstly his low strike on goal pushed away by Adim and his follow up was blocked on the line.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Most of the game was fought in the middle and with 10 minutes to go after Colney’s manager Ryan Thompson had changes as his side went in search of the winner.
Despite raining chances on Adim’s goal, the opening goal never materialised and the teams settled for a draw.
Next match sees the Blueboys entertain Hadley at home on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.
London Colney Blues lost 5-0 to Maple Cross in the County Cup.