Stevenage FC youngster makes London Colney debut
- Credit: Archant
Jimmy Hartley made his debut for London Colney on Saturday in a goalless draw against London Tigers.
The Stevenage FC youth team product made an immediate impact and almost set up an early goal for Martin Collins but his shot was saved by Jamie Adim. Tigers’ custodian had to be alert soon after to deny a header from his own defender following a Jack Woods’ cross.
Hartley continued to cause problems for Tigers down the right wing, whipping in dangerous crosses and cutting inside to shoot, but still the Blueboys could not break the deadlock.
Woods, Collins and Greg Shaw also came close.
At the start of the second half Dan Power played a free kick into the box which Shaw knocked down for Woods to fire over the bar from 10 yards.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Charlie May had to make a smart save to his left from a firm strike from Redion Fega and he also did well to block a effort on goal with his legs from a shot by Jon Muzzi.
Danny Fitzgerald made surging run forwards whereupon he laid the ball off to Collins who saw firstly his low strike on goal pushed away by Adim and his follow up was blocked on the line.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Most of the game was fought in the middle and with 10 minutes to go after Colney’s manager Ryan Thompson had changes as his side went in search of the winner.
Despite raining chances on Adim’s goal, the opening goal never materialised and the teams settled for a draw.
Next match sees the Blueboys entertain Hadley at home on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.
London Colney Blues lost 5-0 to Maple Cross in the County Cup.