Steve Buckle races to narrow loss but in fastest ever time at Bedford
- Credit: Archant
Steve Buckle led the way for St Albans Striders when a contingent headed north to Bedford for a half marathon.
He battled Robert Barnes of Stopsley Striders around the course, just being pipped to the line for second.
However, his time of one hour 14 minutes 32 seconds in the nearly 800-strong field equalled his personal best.
Another 10 Striders also ran in the race. Stacey Harris finished in the top 10 women in a time of 1:37:00 and Ruth Kent achieved a PB of 1:43:31.
Elsewhere Ali Hills ran a 10K PB of 48:29 at Victoria Park Santa Run in aid of the UK Sepsis Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the cross-country season is well underway.
Saturday saw the third match of the Chiltern League with the Striders’ men finishing third and the women in fourth.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
And the second round of the Sunday Cross Country League took place at Trent Park with the Striders aiming to improve on their fifth place in round one.