Steve Buckle out in front again for St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Steve Buckle led the way again for St Albans Striders with a fantastic double victory.
On Saturday he was first home at the relatively new Dunstable Downs Parkrun, setting a course record time, and on Sunday he won the Bedford Autodrome Marathon despite the strong headwind on the back straight of the eight-lap course.
Darran Wilson and Ian Hirst both ran personal best times in 20-mile events. Wilson clocked two hours 18 minutes 29 seconds at Bedford Autodrome while Hirst managed 2:23:15 at Eton Dorney.
Bookings are now open for this years ‘Run with Striders’ course.
It is applicable for runners who are new to Striders, currently running at least 5K distance, preferably within 35 minutes or faster, and who want to meet other runners of their level and pick up some ideas and tips to improve their running.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book go to www.stalbansstriders.com/club-info/joining-striders/run-with-striders
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor