Steve Buckle out in front again for St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Steve Buckle led the way again for St Albans Striders with a fantastic double victory.
On Saturday he was first home at the relatively new Dunstable Downs Parkrun, setting a course record time, and on Sunday he won the Bedford Autodrome Marathon despite the strong headwind on the back straight of the eight-lap course.
Darran Wilson and Ian Hirst both ran personal best times in 20-mile events. Wilson clocked two hours 18 minutes 29 seconds at Bedford Autodrome while Hirst managed 2:23:15 at Eton Dorney.
Bookings are now open for this years ‘Run with Striders’ course.
It is applicable for runners who are new to Striders, currently running at least 5K distance, preferably within 35 minutes or faster, and who want to meet other runners of their level and pick up some ideas and tips to improve their running.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book go to www.stalbansstriders.com/club-info/joining-striders/run-with-striders
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre