STAM become champions again
SWIMMING: Hertfordshire county champions, St Albans Masters Swimming Club (STAM), retained the trophy for the Herts Senior League competition held at Bishop s Stortford College on Saturday evening. Club chairman Craig Kirkland said: We are very proud of
SWIMMING: Hertfordshire county champions, St Albans Masters Swimming Club (STAM), retained the trophy for the Herts Senior League competition held at Bishop's Stortford College on Saturday evening.
Club chairman Craig Kirkland said: "We are very proud of this win against stiff opposition as it is an indication of how well our club is doing and how much it has grown over the last few years.
"The 32 STAM members who took part ranged in ability from inexperienced swimmers to ex nationals. This competition, hosted by Bishop's Stortford SC, was very efficiently run and provided an opportunity for many friendly rivals to meet up once again."
Seven teams took part in Saturday's competition with St Albans entering an A and B team.
The final positions were: 1st St Albans with 155 points, 2nd Bishop's Stortford 132.5 points, 3rd Hatfield 124 points, with Hemel Hempstead in 4th place, Berkhamsted Barracudas 5th, St Albans B 6th and Hartham 7th.
Anyone 18 years and over interested in swimming for fitness or competition in a friendly supportive environment go to www.stamsc.co.uk for information.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead