St Peter's suffer defeat
Herts Senior County League Division One Croxley Guild 3 St Peter s 1 A WOEFUL performance from St Peter s saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday. The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals,
Herts Senior County League Division One
Croxley Guild 3 St Peter's 1
A WOEFUL performance from St Peter's saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday.
The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals, leaving manager Mitch Morris to rotate his 12 available players around.
A bright start from the visitors was rewarded when John Thompson fired them into a 1-0 lead.
The remaining 75 minutes were not so bright as errant passing and poor tackling allowed Croxley to recover. A hopeful ball into the penalty box was not dealt with by goalkeeper Colin Pigott and two defenders enabling the hosts to poach an equaliser.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
Manager Morris warned his troops at half time but the comments went unheeded and Croxley went ahead with a second goal.
Only Matt Gauthier held things together at the back for Saints but late on they were punished with a third goal for Croxley.
On Saturday, Saints make the trip to Bushey Rangers and Morris has called for better from his side. Kick off is 3pm.