St Peter's suffer defeat
Herts Senior County League Division One Croxley Guild 3 St Peter s 1 A WOEFUL performance from St Peter s saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday. The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals,
Herts Senior County League Division One
Croxley Guild 3 St Peter's 1
A WOEFUL performance from St Peter's saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday.
The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals, leaving manager Mitch Morris to rotate his 12 available players around.
A bright start from the visitors was rewarded when John Thompson fired them into a 1-0 lead.
The remaining 75 minutes were not so bright as errant passing and poor tackling allowed Croxley to recover. A hopeful ball into the penalty box was not dealt with by goalkeeper Colin Pigott and two defenders enabling the hosts to poach an equaliser.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Manager Morris warned his troops at half time but the comments went unheeded and Croxley went ahead with a second goal.
Only Matt Gauthier held things together at the back for Saints but late on they were punished with a third goal for Croxley.
On Saturday, Saints make the trip to Bushey Rangers and Morris has called for better from his side. Kick off is 3pm.