St Peter's suffer defeat
Herts Senior County League Division One Croxley Guild 3 St Peter s 1 A WOEFUL performance from St Peter s saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday. The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals,
Herts Senior County League Division One
Croxley Guild 3 St Peter's 1
A WOEFUL performance from St Peter's saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday.
The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals, leaving manager Mitch Morris to rotate his 12 available players around.
You may also want to watch:
A bright start from the visitors was rewarded when John Thompson fired them into a 1-0 lead.
The remaining 75 minutes were not so bright as errant passing and poor tackling allowed Croxley to recover. A hopeful ball into the penalty box was not dealt with by goalkeeper Colin Pigott and two defenders enabling the hosts to poach an equaliser.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Manager Morris warned his troops at half time but the comments went unheeded and Croxley went ahead with a second goal.
Only Matt Gauthier held things together at the back for Saints but late on they were punished with a third goal for Croxley.
On Saturday, Saints make the trip to Bushey Rangers and Morris has called for better from his side. Kick off is 3pm.