St Peter's suffer defeat
Herts Senior County League Division One Croxley Guild 3 St Peter s 1 A WOEFUL performance from St Peter s saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday. The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals,
Herts Senior County League Division One
Croxley Guild 3 St Peter's 1
A WOEFUL performance from St Peter's saw them crash to a 3-1 defeat away at Croxley Guild in Division One on Saturday.
The Saints again had to contend with several late withdrawals, leaving manager Mitch Morris to rotate his 12 available players around.
You may also want to watch:
A bright start from the visitors was rewarded when John Thompson fired them into a 1-0 lead.
The remaining 75 minutes were not so bright as errant passing and poor tackling allowed Croxley to recover. A hopeful ball into the penalty box was not dealt with by goalkeeper Colin Pigott and two defenders enabling the hosts to poach an equaliser.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Manager Morris warned his troops at half time but the comments went unheeded and Croxley went ahead with a second goal.
Only Matt Gauthier held things together at the back for Saints but late on they were punished with a third goal for Croxley.
On Saturday, Saints make the trip to Bushey Rangers and Morris has called for better from his side. Kick off is 3pm.