St Peter’s slip up
HSCL Division One Bedmond S&S 2 St Peter s 1 ST PETER S conceded two first half goals as they slipped to their sixth league defeat of the season at Bedmond S&S. Despite the recent poor weather the pitch was in good shape allowing both sides to play good f
HSCL Division One
Bedmond S&S 2 St Peter's 1
ST PETER'S conceded two first half goals as they slipped to their sixth league defeat of the season at Bedmond S&S.
Despite the recent poor weather the pitch was in good shape allowing both sides to play good football.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts broke the deadlock on 10 minutes when Saints goalkeeper Billy Barnes was penalised for hauling down an opposition player with Bedmond converting the spot kick.
The Saints missed out on a possible equaliser when Gary Stuart-Neal headed wide.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
This miss was to prove costly as the Saints failed to close down a Bedmond attacker and he doubled the home side's advantage.
The end-to-end action continued after the interval keeping both 'keepers busy with both sides ruing erratic finishing.
Richard Ellis hit the bar and Danny Blyth hit an upright with the follow up as the Saints looked for a way back into the game.
Bedmond could have added a third but their striker inexplicably missed with the goal gaping and the Saints ensured Bedmond would endure a nervous last 10 minutes when Ellis fired into the top corner to cut the deficit.
In a frantic finish the Saints forced a number of corners but were unable to find a second goal.
This weekend the Saints travel to Buntingford Town (KO 2.30pm).
St Peter's: Barnes; Mardle, T Gauthier, Hatchett, Wiltshire; Eames, Stuart-Neal, Jones (M Gauthier), Blyth; Lee (Laffoley), Ellis. Sub not used: Stevens.