St Peter's lose after goalkeeper trouble
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 0 Allenburys Sports 2 ST Peter s suffered more problems as they were beaten at home by Allenburys Sports on Saturday at Lemsford. The Saints again lacked goal threat while at the other end
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 0 Allenburys Sports 2
ST Peter's suffered more problems as they were beaten at home by Allenburys Sports on Saturday at Lemsford.
The Saints again lacked goal threat while at the other end their goalkeeper failed to turn up. Starting the match with Anthony Farron in goal, manager Mitch Morris opted to play with 10-men in the hope the goalkeeper would make it to the ground. The Saints held out for 30 minutes before Morris opted to use one of his four substitutes to bring the team up to the full compliment of 11.
You may also want to watch:
After making the switch, St Peter's immediately gifting the visitors the opening goal with poor defending from a corner kick.
Allenburys added to their slender advantage with a second goal midway through the second half.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The result compounds the misery for Saints and they will look to resurrect an already dismal campaign when they face Lemsford Reserves in the Herts Intermediate Cup with a 3pm kick off at Lemsford on Saturday.