St Peter's lose after goalkeeper trouble
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 0 Allenburys Sports 2 ST Peter s suffered more problems as they were beaten at home by Allenburys Sports on Saturday at Lemsford. The Saints again lacked goal threat while at the other end
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 0 Allenburys Sports 2
ST Peter's suffered more problems as they were beaten at home by Allenburys Sports on Saturday at Lemsford.
The Saints again lacked goal threat while at the other end their goalkeeper failed to turn up. Starting the match with Anthony Farron in goal, manager Mitch Morris opted to play with 10-men in the hope the goalkeeper would make it to the ground. The Saints held out for 30 minutes before Morris opted to use one of his four substitutes to bring the team up to the full compliment of 11.
You may also want to watch:
After making the switch, St Peter's immediately gifting the visitors the opening goal with poor defending from a corner kick.
Allenburys added to their slender advantage with a second goal midway through the second half.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
The result compounds the misery for Saints and they will look to resurrect an already dismal campaign when they face Lemsford Reserves in the Herts Intermediate Cup with a 3pm kick off at Lemsford on Saturday.