St Columba’s win cross country championships; retain St Martins Cup
- Credit: Archant
St Columba’s College won the south east School Cross Country Champions, held at Harrow School, last weekend.
On an extremely challenging, muddy course, St Columba’s won the competition by over 40 points.
Josh Edwards, who came fifth, and Henry Fulton opted against potential individual glory in the junior race to compete in the intermediate event and help St Columba’s to victory.
National champion George Groom led from the front and, with outstanding runs from captain Charlie Griffiths, Tom Dee, George Loveman, James Bromfield and Kit Shepard, St Columba’s earned 98 points.
The result rounded off an excellent two days for the college after its U13 retained the St Martins Cup for the fifth consecutive year.
You may also want to watch:
Tremendous individual runs from Thomas Richold and Moyo Adekeye put St Columba’s in contention and third place after two stages. Thomas Brennan’s run pulled the team into second before Nicholas Ralfe, with the second fastest time of the day, won the cup.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden