St Columba’s pupil leading the way in kickboxing
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old from St Columba’s College is taking the world by storm – in kickboxing.
Dylan Wagner, who is in form four at the King Harry Lane school, came out with two firsts and a second at the Bristol Open, an international two-day kickboxing competition which attracts competitors from across the globe.
Wagner holds two national titles; the U18 52kg crown and the U18 57kg.
He now ranks in the top 10 in the world.
he followed that up with two first places at the final WAKO CIMAC Super league event of the season.
You may also want to watch:
His wins came in the 55kg advanced boys points and light continuous fighting. It gives him two Grand Champion awards for being the best in these categories in 2016.
A spokeswoman for the school said: “What an achievement and we look forward to hearing how Dylan gets on in the future.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'