St Columba’s pupil leading the way in kickboxing
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old from St Columba’s College is taking the world by storm – in kickboxing.
Dylan Wagner, who is in form four at the King Harry Lane school, came out with two firsts and a second at the Bristol Open, an international two-day kickboxing competition which attracts competitors from across the globe.
Wagner holds two national titles; the U18 52kg crown and the U18 57kg.
He now ranks in the top 10 in the world.
he followed that up with two first places at the final WAKO CIMAC Super league event of the season.
You may also want to watch:
His wins came in the 55kg advanced boys points and light continuous fighting. It gives him two Grand Champion awards for being the best in these categories in 2016.
A spokeswoman for the school said: “What an achievement and we look forward to hearing how Dylan gets on in the future.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 7 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 8 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?