St Colmcilles clinch top spot in Glo-Herts League
- Credit: Archant
St Colmcilles Ladies Gaelic Football Club secured first place in the Glo-Herts League table after beating Claddagh Gaels at Cotlandswick.
The St Albans-based side fought back to win the game 5-06 (21) to 3-10 (19).
It means the Sinners will play either Claddagh Gaels and Éire Óg, currently joint second, in the league final on June 28.
St Colmcilles led 4-3(15) to 2-4(10) at half-time after twice fighting back through points from Ellen Beary (two), Bebhinn Kennedy (two) and Helen Taggart.
Taggart and Beary put St Colmcilles them three points ahead after the break before a controversial free-kick from Taggart, which was adjudged to have crossed the line despite protestations from the Luton-based side padded the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Claddagh Gaels closed the gap to just one point in the final minute but Taggart struck again to seal the victory.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll