St Colmcilles clinch top spot in Glo-Herts League
- Credit: Archant
St Colmcilles Ladies Gaelic Football Club secured first place in the Glo-Herts League table after beating Claddagh Gaels at Cotlandswick.
The St Albans-based side fought back to win the game 5-06 (21) to 3-10 (19).
It means the Sinners will play either Claddagh Gaels and Éire Óg, currently joint second, in the league final on June 28.
St Colmcilles led 4-3(15) to 2-4(10) at half-time after twice fighting back through points from Ellen Beary (two), Bebhinn Kennedy (two) and Helen Taggart.
Taggart and Beary put St Colmcilles them three points ahead after the break before a controversial free-kick from Taggart, which was adjudged to have crossed the line despite protestations from the Luton-based side padded the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Claddagh Gaels closed the gap to just one point in the final minute but Taggart struck again to seal the victory.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack