St Albans Wolves go three from three on practically perfect weekend
- Credit: ST ALBANS WOLVES
St Albans Wolves had a perfect weekend in the junior National Basketball League with three victories.
The U16 girls came away from their trip to London Thunder with a 65-51 success despite a less-than-perfect shooting display.
Joanna Akpan led the way with 20 points but Wolves saw a 37-23 lead at half-time whittled down to just six points in the fourth quarter.
However, tough defence got the hosts into foul trouble and Wolves pulled clear.
The U14 boys followed that up with a 78-58 win over London Greenhouse Pioneers led by 20 points, eight assists and three rebounds from Jayden Harry.
Cameron Turner finished with 18 points while Kayden Brown had six rebounds and as many assists.
The triple was completed by the U16 boys who overcame a poor second period to beat Harrow Falcons 65-57.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 5 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 6 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 10 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
They had trailed 37-33 at half-time but turned it around in the third and pulled clear in the fourth.
Simon Patison top-scored with 32 points while Milic Irvine and Alex Riley added 19 rebounds between them, the former getting 10.