St Albans Wolves go three from three on practically perfect weekend
- Credit: ST ALBANS WOLVES
St Albans Wolves had a perfect weekend in the junior National Basketball League with three victories.
The U16 girls came away from their trip to London Thunder with a 65-51 success despite a less-than-perfect shooting display.
Joanna Akpan led the way with 20 points but Wolves saw a 37-23 lead at half-time whittled down to just six points in the fourth quarter.
However, tough defence got the hosts into foul trouble and Wolves pulled clear.
The U14 boys followed that up with a 78-58 win over London Greenhouse Pioneers led by 20 points, eight assists and three rebounds from Jayden Harry.
Cameron Turner finished with 18 points while Kayden Brown had six rebounds and as many assists.
The triple was completed by the U16 boys who overcame a poor second period to beat Harrow Falcons 65-57.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
They had trailed 37-33 at half-time but turned it around in the third and pulled clear in the fourth.
Simon Patison top-scored with 32 points while Milic Irvine and Alex Riley added 19 rebounds between them, the former getting 10.