Smiles at last for St Albans thanks to comfortable Old Elizabethans win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans finally broke a series of disappointing defeats with a six-wicket win away to Old Elizabethans in SHCL Division Two A.
The hosts decided to bat first on winning the toss and made a decent if unspectacular start.
However, the Saints bowlers were on their game and after stopping the top order from getting into their stride, they proceeded to rattle off the tail with only sporadic resistance.
Joe Regan returned the best figures with 3-21 while skipper Max Capaldi claimed 2-27.
Jacob Roche and Simon White proved miserly in the extreme, conceding a total of 29 runs between them from their 20 overs and taking two wickets and Jacob Winfield also claimed a scalp.
You may also want to watch:
The reply reached the target of 120 fairly comfortably, losing four wickets in 33.3 overs.
Capaldi bagged 45 in a patient innings while fellow opener Adam Hounslow chipped in with 29.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden