Smiles at last for St Albans thanks to comfortable Old Elizabethans win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans finally broke a series of disappointing defeats with a six-wicket win away to Old Elizabethans in SHCL Division Two A.
The hosts decided to bat first on winning the toss and made a decent if unspectacular start.
However, the Saints bowlers were on their game and after stopping the top order from getting into their stride, they proceeded to rattle off the tail with only sporadic resistance.
Joe Regan returned the best figures with 3-21 while skipper Max Capaldi claimed 2-27.
Jacob Roche and Simon White proved miserly in the extreme, conceding a total of 29 runs between them from their 20 overs and taking two wickets and Jacob Winfield also claimed a scalp.
You may also want to watch:
The reply reached the target of 120 fairly comfortably, losing four wickets in 33.3 overs.
Capaldi bagged 45 in a patient innings while fellow opener Adam Hounslow chipped in with 29.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests