St Albans up to fifth with come-from-behind Chelmsford win
- Credit: Archant
Katie Hockley and Sammie Archer grabbed the goals as St Albans Hockey Club came from behind to defeat Chelmsford 2-1 at Oaklands.
It was the Tangerines second win in a row, following last week’s 6-1 demolition of Northampton Saints, and has moved them up to fifth in the Investec Women’s Conference East.
The ladies 2nds also came back from 1-0 down in a thrilling display against Old Loughts. Hayley Payne scored for the Saints to bring the score to 1-1 before Jo Martin roofed the ball into the Old Loughts net with the last touch of the game.
The men’s 1st team also faced Old Loughts and despite fighting hard, they were disappointed to lose 4-3.
The 2nds drew 1-1 with Richmond, the 3rds won 4-3, also against Richmond.
You may also want to watch:
The 4ths beat Bedford 2-1 and the 5ths drew 4-4 with Bishop’s Stortford.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans