St Albans “unlucky” to leave Bromley pointless - Gray
- Credit: Archant
James Gray believes St Albans City were unlucky to leave Bromley’s Fortress Stadium without any points on Saturday.
The Saints had seemingly earned a deserved point against second-placed Bromley but Moses Ademola came off the bench and produced the game’s sole bit of quality in the final third to snatch all three points.
Speaking after the game, Gray said: “I didn’t think there was a lot between the two sides. I thought we stuck to game plan and performed well against a side well-known in the league, which has good resources and are near the top of the league.
“I was pretty pleased how we performed on a cabbage patch. I’m just disappointed with the way they got their goal. But again, the boys stuck to the task really well and were unfortunate to be on the losing end of that game.
“It could have easily been a draw and it would have been deserved.”
You may also want to watch:
City changed formation for the match, opting for two up front with Cameron Lancaster, making his first start, alongside John Frendo – the partnership lasted less than 30 minutes as Lancaster limped off injured.
“We tried to contain them and hit them on the counterattack, and I think it worked but we lacked the killer punch and a bit of luck. The little things went against us but overall I’m pleased with the performance,” he said.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
St Albans are back in action on Boxing Day, against Hemel Hempstead at Clarence Park. Kick-off is 1pm.