Home tie for St Albans City after draw made for FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will hope riches and glory await after they were drawn at home to lower league opposition in the FA Cup second qualifying round.
They will host the winner of Hastings United or Worthing who are set to replay their first round qualifying match tomorrow (Tuesday) after a 3-3 draw on Saturday.
Hastings play two levels below Saints in the Isthmian League South East Division while Worthing are just one tier lower down in the Isthmian Premier Division.
The winners of the second qualifying round match will walk away with £6,750 in prize money and even a defeat would net them £2,250.
A run to the first round proper, which they last reached in 2016, would see £36,750 added to the coffers.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's campaign was ended in Somerset in the third qualifying round as they were humbled by Taunton Town.
That followed a protracted affair in the second qualifying round where they were originally meant to play Whyteleafe but following an intervention from the FA, ended up playing Corinthian Casuals in a much-delayed tie.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden