Home tie for St Albans City after draw made for FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City will hope riches and glory await after they were drawn at home to lower league opposition in the FA Cup second qualifying round.
They will host the winner of Hastings United or Worthing who are set to replay their first round qualifying match tomorrow (Tuesday) after a 3-3 draw on Saturday.
Hastings play two levels below Saints in the Isthmian League South East Division while Worthing are just one tier lower down in the Isthmian Premier Division.
The winners of the second qualifying round match will walk away with £6,750 in prize money and even a defeat would net them £2,250.
A run to the first round proper, which they last reached in 2016, would see £36,750 added to the coffers.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's campaign was ended in Somerset in the third qualifying round as they were humbled by Taunton Town.
That followed a protracted affair in the second qualifying round where they were originally meant to play Whyteleafe but following an intervention from the FA, ended up playing Corinthian Casuals in a much-delayed tie.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads