St Albans Striders tackle the elements as well as the virtual London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
They may not have been classed as elite but St Albans Striders made sure they were still well represented at the virtual London Marathon.
The usual mass participants were asked to create their own carnival atmosphere closer to home and other, smaller events.
Several Striders ran the Dorney Lake Marathon near Windsor, Matt Cooper the first of them home under three hours ahead of Sebastian Rowe, Phil Brindle, Donna Irwin and Peter Blessing.
Others opted for bespoke routes with the Alban Way and its new water hazard the choice for many.
Andrew McKillop also ducked under three hours while Steve Bowran was just 31 seconds outside that.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Dixon, Lucy Jones and Jonathan Bird also ran, the latter featuring briefly on BBC as his Lewisham Hospital team set off, while Laurance Dine chose multiple laps of Ellenbrook Fields.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school