St Albans Striders keep the pressure up at the top of the Midweek Road Race League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders faced strong competition for round two of the Midweek Road Race League fixture in Royston.
They were edged into third overall in the men's event behind North Herts and Orion and stand second overall with two rounds still to go.
They are third in the veteran athlete's category.
Paul Adams was the first male Strider to finish, third overall in 33 minutes 32 seconds, and Jenny Maddocks led home the club's ladies in 41:01, eighth in the women's race.
And a number of posted 10K PBs including Steve Buckle, Richard Evans, Andrew Page, Jay A'Court and Kate Burn.
You may also want to watch:
The Ridgeway Relay Race near Ivinghoe saw the club place seventh overall out of 40 teams, impressive for the club's first appearance at the event.
Jim King was third meanwhile at the Puffaten 10K in Kings Langley in 37:47 while Deirdre Heydecker was first in her age category.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
Ali Hills finished in 52:29.
And James McMurray ran a new 1500m PB on the track at Watford, clocking 3:40:52.