St Albans Striders keep the pressure up at the top of the Midweek Road Race League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders faced strong competition for round two of the Midweek Road Race League fixture in Royston.
They were edged into third overall in the men's event behind North Herts and Orion and stand second overall with two rounds still to go.
They are third in the veteran athlete's category.
Paul Adams was the first male Strider to finish, third overall in 33 minutes 32 seconds, and Jenny Maddocks led home the club's ladies in 41:01, eighth in the women's race.
And a number of posted 10K PBs including Steve Buckle, Richard Evans, Andrew Page, Jay A'Court and Kate Burn.
You may also want to watch:
The Ridgeway Relay Race near Ivinghoe saw the club place seventh overall out of 40 teams, impressive for the club's first appearance at the event.
Jim King was third meanwhile at the Puffaten 10K in Kings Langley in 37:47 while Deirdre Heydecker was first in her age category.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Ali Hills finished in 52:29.
And James McMurray ran a new 1500m PB on the track at Watford, clocking 3:40:52.