St Albans Striders in the medals after Ricky Road Run
- Credit: Archant
Ten St Albans Striders came away with medals after some excellent individual and team performances at Sunday’s Ricky Road Run.
The event, a 10 mile-race through Chorleywood & Rickmansworth, saw 25 Striders take part on total.
Paul Adams finished second in 55 minutes 39 seconds and he was joined by Mike Martin, Mark Kennedy and Steve Cockrell in the top-20.
Jenny Maddocks was the second female finisher and alongside Nicky Laitner and Fleur Harvey, that was enough to win the women’s county team standings ahead of team-mates Shanti Johnson, Laura Astley and Christine Pout in second.
Mark Kennedy, Nigel Aston, Errol Maginley and John Cooper also grabbed second in the men’s team competition.
You may also want to watch:
The first Cross Country Sunday League fixture took place with Phillip Evans and Jonathan Scott both in the top 10 men and Jen Conway and Wendy Walsh top 10 women, closely followed by Helen Cartlidge in 11th.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award