St Albans Striders in the medals after Ricky Road Run
- Credit: Archant
Ten St Albans Striders came away with medals after some excellent individual and team performances at Sunday’s Ricky Road Run.
The event, a 10 mile-race through Chorleywood & Rickmansworth, saw 25 Striders take part on total.
Paul Adams finished second in 55 minutes 39 seconds and he was joined by Mike Martin, Mark Kennedy and Steve Cockrell in the top-20.
Jenny Maddocks was the second female finisher and alongside Nicky Laitner and Fleur Harvey, that was enough to win the women’s county team standings ahead of team-mates Shanti Johnson, Laura Astley and Christine Pout in second.
Mark Kennedy, Nigel Aston, Errol Maginley and John Cooper also grabbed second in the men’s team competition.
You may also want to watch:
The first Cross Country Sunday League fixture took place with Phillip Evans and Jonathan Scott both in the top 10 men and Jen Conway and Wendy Walsh top 10 women, closely followed by Helen Cartlidge in 11th.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book