St Albans Striders’ Heather Hann produces another fine marathon run at milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
The annual Milton Keynes festival of running presented the latest challenge to runners from St Albans Striders.
Heather Hann continued her good form this season to come home in third place in the women’s marathon.
At one stage she was challenging for second but her final time of three hours nine minutes 58 seconds was well inside the qualifying time for next year’s London Marathon.
Peter Clarke was the next Strider to finish in 3:48:29, while Ben Thomas completed his first marathon.
Max Campbell and Jonathan Poole ran the half marathon in 1:40:58 and 1:55:48 respectively while Calum Latham finished the MK Rocket 5K in 19:01.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Mike Martin took part and won the 1500m Herts County Champs senior men’s race in Stevenage and clubmates Wendy Walsh and Caroline Bailes both finished in the top five of the women’s race at the Watford 10K, coming home in second and fourth place respectively.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant