St Albans Striders’ Heather Hann produces another fine marathon run at milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
The annual Milton Keynes festival of running presented the latest challenge to runners from St Albans Striders.
Heather Hann continued her good form this season to come home in third place in the women’s marathon.
At one stage she was challenging for second but her final time of three hours nine minutes 58 seconds was well inside the qualifying time for next year’s London Marathon.
Peter Clarke was the next Strider to finish in 3:48:29, while Ben Thomas completed his first marathon.
Max Campbell and Jonathan Poole ran the half marathon in 1:40:58 and 1:55:48 respectively while Calum Latham finished the MK Rocket 5K in 19:01.
Elsewhere Mike Martin took part and won the 1500m Herts County Champs senior men’s race in Stevenage and clubmates Wendy Walsh and Caroline Bailes both finished in the top five of the women’s race at the Watford 10K, coming home in second and fourth place respectively.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead