St Albans Striders given double dose of cross-country action
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders had a double dose of cross country running at the weekend, with league races taking place on both Saturday and Sunday.
A total of 36 senior men and women turned out for the club in the Chiltern League fixture in Bedfordshire.
Wendy Walsh was the club’s first runner in the women’s 3.7 mile race, finishing 26th in Division One, while James McMurray was the first Strider in the men’s race with a fine sixth spot ahead of Jonathan Scott.
The following day returning Scott and Walsh were among 40 Striders who took part in round four of the Sunday League.
Scott was the club’s first finisher, coming 9th overall, with Gary Warren, Pablo Plaza Lastras, and Mike Lancaster close behind in 26th, 36th and 45th respectively.
You may also want to watch:
For the women, Penny Habbick was 77th followed by Walsh, Helen Cartlidge, Katherine Caris-Harris and Deirdre Heydecker.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure