St Albans Striders flood the field at the St Albans 10K
- Credit: Archant
A whopping 74 runners from St Albans Striders took part in a home race as they tackled the St Albans 10K.
Organised by Active Training World and starting and finishing at Highfield Park, the course headed out along the Alban Way towards Hatfield before looping round and heading back.
Jamie Sinclair led the Striders home in third with a time of 34 minutes 22 seconds with Thomas Halling also making the top 10 in ninth.
The first lady Strider was Anna Ward, 27th overall and 5th female in 40:38 while Sebastian Rowe took the trophy for the first M40 runner in 39:33.
There were personal bests for Kate Tettmar (48:59) and Roger Sant (47:29) while Matt Holman's debut run for the club saw him finish in 38:54.
You may also want to watch:
Further afield Gareth Parker competed in the Generali Budapest Night Run Half Marathon.
Starting at midnight, he ran 1:24:40 to finish in 13th place.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'