St Albans Striders finish fourth in Chiltern League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders consolidated fourth place in Division One of the Chiltern Cross-Country League after the final fixture of the season at Milton Keynes.
Tom Crouch and Paul Adams led the way on a muddy, hilly and blustery five mile course, finishing fifth and seventh respectively.
Fellow Striders Joe Dunn 36th, Paddy Brice 42nd, Jacob Hine 43rd, Jim King 67th, Mike Bridge 69th, Edward Anders 79th and John Ockenden 81st ensured the men finished in third place on the day.
Adams placed 4th in the league overall while Graham Foster was second veteran over 50 in the final placings.
Lucy Waterlow continued her return to form finishing sixth in the ladies’ race followed by Wendy Walsh 13th, Amy Tanner 20th and Zoe Lowe 26th, meaning the ladies also ended the day in third place.
You may also want to watch:
Striders’ veteran ladies’ team won on the day and in the league outright.
Wendy Walsh secured the top veteran 45 trophy for the season.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
In the Welwyn 10k, Helen Cartlidge was second lady in 41:50 with Tamsyn Clark third in 42:35.
Elsewhere Si Fraser finished the Bramley 20-miler in 2 hours 4 minutes, with Tim Searle finishing in 2 hours 11 minutes.