St Albans Striders dominate at the Welwyn 10K
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders celebrated a double success at the Welwyn 10K as they took the win in both the men’s and women’s race.
First across the line for the men was Jonathan Scott while Jen Conway headed home the women’s field.
And there was even more success as Wendy Walsh and Jenny Maddocks following Conway home to complete a clean-sweep of the podium positions and clinch the team and county prizes.
Back in the men’s race Jim King was eighth and Doug Hobson 10th in a new PB.
Overall over 45 Striders took part on a baking-hot day with notable performances coming form Magdalena Petrus and Jo Tang.
Closer to home there was a huge turnout for the Striders’ Summer Solstice run.
Starting in Highfield Park, James Moore took the win while Maria Kenny of Gade Valley Harriers took the women’s victory.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 9 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
Jack Brooks and Adam Mellor both completed the Herts Hobble Trail Marathon.