St Albans Striders dominate at the Welwyn 10K
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders celebrated a double success at the Welwyn 10K as they took the win in both the men’s and women’s race.
First across the line for the men was Jonathan Scott while Jen Conway headed home the women’s field.
And there was even more success as Wendy Walsh and Jenny Maddocks following Conway home to complete a clean-sweep of the podium positions and clinch the team and county prizes.
Back in the men’s race Jim King was eighth and Doug Hobson 10th in a new PB.
Overall over 45 Striders took part on a baking-hot day with notable performances coming form Magdalena Petrus and Jo Tang.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home there was a huge turnout for the Striders’ Summer Solstice run.
Starting in Highfield Park, James Moore took the win while Maria Kenny of Gade Valley Harriers took the women’s victory.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Jack Brooks and Adam Mellor both completed the Herts Hobble Trail Marathon.