St Albans Striders dominate at the Welwyn 10K
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders celebrated a double success at the Welwyn 10K as they took the win in both the men’s and women’s race.
First across the line for the men was Jonathan Scott while Jen Conway headed home the women’s field.
And there was even more success as Wendy Walsh and Jenny Maddocks following Conway home to complete a clean-sweep of the podium positions and clinch the team and county prizes.
Back in the men’s race Jim King was eighth and Doug Hobson 10th in a new PB.
Overall over 45 Striders took part on a baking-hot day with notable performances coming form Magdalena Petrus and Jo Tang.
You may also want to watch:
Closer to home there was a huge turnout for the Striders’ Summer Solstice run.
Starting in Highfield Park, James Moore took the win while Maria Kenny of Gade Valley Harriers took the women’s victory.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Jack Brooks and Adam Mellor both completed the Herts Hobble Trail Marathon.