Everything Bristol fashion for St Albans Striders with some excellent half marathon results
- Credit: Archant
Everything was ship shape for St Albans Striders as they descended on the Bristol Half Marathon.
The field numbered nearly 7,000 and Striders managed to pack three into the top 100 finishers.
Steve Buckle came 25th in a time of one hour 15 minutes 30 seconds while just seven seconds separated Richard Evans and Gareth Parker in 83rd and 96th place.
Lucy Jones was the 16th female finishing in 1:27:06.
Many among Striders' 40-strong contingent ran personal bests, including Evans, Parker, Ian Hirth (1:23:03), Kate Burn (1:43:59), Matthew Bedford (1:49:15) and Roger Sant (1:49:54).
You may also want to watch:
There were also some notable age group performances with Deirdre Heydecker first in the women's 60-64 category and Gary Warren second in the 50-54 category.
Closer to home, Emma McAulay, Rachel Aldridge and Hannah Clark all completed the challenging Harrow Half Marathon.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Jack Brooks, Adam Mellor and Carol Ransom meanwhile tackled the Ouse Valley Way Marathon.