Everything Bristol fashion for St Albans Striders with some excellent half marathon results
- Credit: Archant
Everything was ship shape for St Albans Striders as they descended on the Bristol Half Marathon.
The field numbered nearly 7,000 and Striders managed to pack three into the top 100 finishers.
Steve Buckle came 25th in a time of one hour 15 minutes 30 seconds while just seven seconds separated Richard Evans and Gareth Parker in 83rd and 96th place.
Lucy Jones was the 16th female finishing in 1:27:06.
Many among Striders' 40-strong contingent ran personal bests, including Evans, Parker, Ian Hirth (1:23:03), Kate Burn (1:43:59), Matthew Bedford (1:49:15) and Roger Sant (1:49:54).
There were also some notable age group performances with Deirdre Heydecker first in the women's 60-64 category and Gary Warren second in the 50-54 category.
Closer to home, Emma McAulay, Rachel Aldridge and Hannah Clark all completed the challenging Harrow Half Marathon.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 7 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
Jack Brooks, Adam Mellor and Carol Ransom meanwhile tackled the Ouse Valley Way Marathon.