Everything Bristol fashion for St Albans Striders with some excellent half marathon results
- Credit: Archant
Everything was ship shape for St Albans Striders as they descended on the Bristol Half Marathon.
The field numbered nearly 7,000 and Striders managed to pack three into the top 100 finishers.
Steve Buckle came 25th in a time of one hour 15 minutes 30 seconds while just seven seconds separated Richard Evans and Gareth Parker in 83rd and 96th place.
Lucy Jones was the 16th female finishing in 1:27:06.
Many among Striders' 40-strong contingent ran personal bests, including Evans, Parker, Ian Hirth (1:23:03), Kate Burn (1:43:59), Matthew Bedford (1:49:15) and Roger Sant (1:49:54).
You may also want to watch:
There were also some notable age group performances with Deirdre Heydecker first in the women's 60-64 category and Gary Warren second in the 50-54 category.
Closer to home, Emma McAulay, Rachel Aldridge and Hannah Clark all completed the challenging Harrow Half Marathon.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 6 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 7 Area Guide: The Childwickbury estate explored
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
Jack Brooks, Adam Mellor and Carol Ransom meanwhile tackled the Ouse Valley Way Marathon.