St Albans Striders continue cross-country assault in Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders continued their cross-country season alongside junior athletes from sister club St Albans AC by taking on 13 other clubs in the Chiltern League Division One.
The race at Teardrop Lakes in Milton Keynes saw Jonathan Scott the first of 50 Striders to finish the 5.4 mile senior men’s race, in a time of 31 minutes 52 seconds for 27th overall.
He was followed by Will Bowran (32:21) in 34th place.
The women suffered from a heavy downpour at the start of their 3.3 mile race.
Jen Conway was the first Strider of 30 to finish in 20th place, clocking 22:36.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Walsh was 40th in 23:56 and Helen Cartlidge 47th in 24:25.
Elsewhere, Jack Brooks continued his marathon escapades by completing the Madison Marathon in Wisconsin in 4:57:18.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
The race got underway with the temperature showing -4 degrees and was still below freezing at the finish.