St Albans Striders continue cross-country assault in Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders continued their cross-country season alongside junior athletes from sister club St Albans AC by taking on 13 other clubs in the Chiltern League Division One.
The race at Teardrop Lakes in Milton Keynes saw Jonathan Scott the first of 50 Striders to finish the 5.4 mile senior men’s race, in a time of 31 minutes 52 seconds for 27th overall.
He was followed by Will Bowran (32:21) in 34th place.
The women suffered from a heavy downpour at the start of their 3.3 mile race.
Jen Conway was the first Strider of 30 to finish in 20th place, clocking 22:36.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Walsh was 40th in 23:56 and Helen Cartlidge 47th in 24:25.
Elsewhere, Jack Brooks continued his marathon escapades by completing the Madison Marathon in Wisconsin in 4:57:18.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The race got underway with the temperature showing -4 degrees and was still below freezing at the finish.