St Albans Striders clinch round one crown of Midweek Road Race League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders made home advantage count as they edged the first round of the Midweek Road Race League.
Held in Highfield Park, the Striders women led the way, taking the maximum six points as Victoria Pritchard (second), Lucy Jones (sixth) and Jennifer Conway (eighth) all secured top 10 finishes.
Paul Adams and Steve Buckle also finished in the top 10 as the men finished second, lifting the club to the top spot overall.
The Striders' vets also fared well, sharing top spot with two other clubs as the club's women and men both secured second-place finishes. Jenny Maddocks (V35) and Gary Warren (V50) both finished second in their respective categories.
In total there was 127 Striders involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fifty from the club took on the Vitality London 10K with Nigel Aston (38 minutes 59 seconds), Alex Johnston (39:54), Anthony Stivala (48:41), Olivia Markwell (52:47) and Diane Hunt (52:49) securing personal bests.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Shaun Jeffers and St Albans City a match made in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities