St Albans Striders clinch round one crown of Midweek Road Race League
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders made home advantage count as they edged the first round of the Midweek Road Race League.
Held in Highfield Park, the Striders women led the way, taking the maximum six points as Victoria Pritchard (second), Lucy Jones (sixth) and Jennifer Conway (eighth) all secured top 10 finishes.
Paul Adams and Steve Buckle also finished in the top 10 as the men finished second, lifting the club to the top spot overall.
The Striders' vets also fared well, sharing top spot with two other clubs as the club's women and men both secured second-place finishes. Jenny Maddocks (V35) and Gary Warren (V50) both finished second in their respective categories.
In total there was 127 Striders involved.
You may also want to watch:
Fifty from the club took on the Vitality London 10K with Nigel Aston (38 minutes 59 seconds), Alex Johnston (39:54), Anthony Stivala (48:41), Olivia Markwell (52:47) and Diane Hunt (52:49) securing personal bests.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption