St Albans Striders continue to get in some covid-secure competition
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders continued their enjoyment of competitive action with yet more covid-secure races.
The latest was a cross country at Merchant Taylors’ School where the fastest from the club over the five-mile course was Stephen Hosty in 31 minutes 16 seconds.
In his first cross country race Joe Weghofer was 19 seconds behind with Jon Reilly and Derek Fowler a further 13 seconds back.
Laura Hicks, also running her first cross country race was the fastest Striders’ lady in 34:52 with Wendy Walsh next in 36:24 and second in the W50 category.
A few weeks earlier Ian Hirth finished second V40 in the Chase the Moon 10K before coming 28th overall in the Newbury Half Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
He was then third overall in the Strive for 12 at Hitchin where competitors run a 5k loop every hour for 12 hours.
Newly-weds Ben and Jenna Scott took part in the delayed marathon at Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Hampshire, finishing the course in just over five hours 30 minutes.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall