St Albans Striders continue to get in some covid-secure competition
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders continued their enjoyment of competitive action with yet more covid-secure races.
The latest was a cross country at Merchant Taylors’ School where the fastest from the club over the five-mile course was Stephen Hosty in 31 minutes 16 seconds.
In his first cross country race Joe Weghofer was 19 seconds behind with Jon Reilly and Derek Fowler a further 13 seconds back.
Laura Hicks, also running her first cross country race was the fastest Striders’ lady in 34:52 with Wendy Walsh next in 36:24 and second in the W50 category.
A few weeks earlier Ian Hirth finished second V40 in the Chase the Moon 10K before coming 28th overall in the Newbury Half Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
He was then third overall in the Strive for 12 at Hitchin where competitors run a 5k loop every hour for 12 hours.
Newly-weds Ben and Jenna Scott took part in the delayed marathon at Queen Elizabeth Country Park in Hampshire, finishing the course in just over five hours 30 minutes.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images