St Albans Striders’ amazing marathan man Jack Brooks shows a fine pair of heels in Charleston
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ amazing sexagenarian Jack Brooks has been at it again – clocking up his 475th marathon.
The milestone took him Charleston in South Carolina where he hot-stepped it around the course in four hours 31 minutes 19 seconds, good enough to claim second in the 65-69 age group.
It was his 95th marathon is the USA.
Also across the pond was Ian Hirth who not only ran the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in Orlando, Florida, in 1:35:24 but also the full Marathon as well, finishing in 4:01:55.
Claire Kremer, Andrew McKillop and Paul Dixon were closer to home but still focused on long-distance efforts as they ran the Country to Capital Ultra, a 45-mile run from Wendover to Paddington.
McKillop finished with a PB for the event, as he crossed the line in 18th place overall and third in his age group.
Kremer meanwhile was seventh in her class and 33rd women while Dixon came 230th.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan