St Albans Striders’ amazing marathan man Jack Brooks shows a fine pair of heels in Charleston
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ amazing sexagenarian Jack Brooks has been at it again – clocking up his 475th marathon.
The milestone took him Charleston in South Carolina where he hot-stepped it around the course in four hours 31 minutes 19 seconds, good enough to claim second in the 65-69 age group.
It was his 95th marathon is the USA.
Also across the pond was Ian Hirth who not only ran the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in Orlando, Florida, in 1:35:24 but also the full Marathon as well, finishing in 4:01:55.
Claire Kremer, Andrew McKillop and Paul Dixon were closer to home but still focused on long-distance efforts as they ran the Country to Capital Ultra, a 45-mile run from Wendover to Paddington.
You may also want to watch:
McKillop finished with a PB for the event, as he crossed the line in 18th place overall and third in his age group.
Kremer meanwhile was seventh in her class and 33rd women while Dixon came 230th.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public