St Albans Striders’ amazing marathan man Jack Brooks shows a fine pair of heels in Charleston
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ amazing sexagenarian Jack Brooks has been at it again – clocking up his 475th marathon.
The milestone took him Charleston in South Carolina where he hot-stepped it around the course in four hours 31 minutes 19 seconds, good enough to claim second in the 65-69 age group.
It was his 95th marathon is the USA.
Also across the pond was Ian Hirth who not only ran the Walt Disney World Half Marathon in Orlando, Florida, in 1:35:24 but also the full Marathon as well, finishing in 4:01:55.
Claire Kremer, Andrew McKillop and Paul Dixon were closer to home but still focused on long-distance efforts as they ran the Country to Capital Ultra, a 45-mile run from Wendover to Paddington.
You may also want to watch:
McKillop finished with a PB for the event, as he crossed the line in 18th place overall and third in his age group.
Kremer meanwhile was seventh in her class and 33rd women while Dixon came 230th.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'